Cummins QSC8.3 Marine Propulsion and Auxiliary Engine for Commercial and Recreational Applications. 6 cylinder, 4 stroke diesel. Turbocharged | Aftercooled. 500-600Hp.
Features and Benefits
- Engine Design – Unmatched performance from industry-leading power density on this four-valve-per cylinder engine. Maximize vessel performance and access comprehensive vessel diagnostic information C-Command. Peace of mind delivered by the Cummins Captain’s Briefing and global service network
- Fuel System – Improved fuel economy and sociability from Cummins high pressure common rail fuel system; handed spin-on engine mounted fuel filter
- Lubrication System – Handed spin-on engine mounted lube filter, cast aluminum oil pan
- Cooling System – Sea water heat exchanger cooling system
- Air Intake System – New Walker air filter significantly reduces noise
- Exhaust System – Cast water cooled exhaust manifold for lower surface temperatures, safety and improved performance
- Electronics — 12V and 24V Quantum System electronics feature a proven ECM to monitor operating parameters such as fuel consumption, duty cycle, engine load and speed, while providing diagnostics, prognostics and complete engine protection. Simplified electrical customer interface box for all vessel connections to reduce installation complexity
- Certifications – Complies with U.S. EPA Tier 3 emissions regulations without the use of aftertreatment. Designed to meet the International Association of Classification Societies (IACS) and SOLAS requirements. Consult your local Cummins professional for a complete listing of available class approvals.
- Engine Controls: Digital Throttle and Shift; Electronic Throttle and Shift (ETS) and optional potentiometer for mechanical controls
- Instrumentation: C-Command Basic or Premier
- Vessel System Integration: C-Command Basic or Premier