Cummins QSB6.7 marine propulsion for Commercial or Recreational Applications.
The 6.7 propulsion engine is available as a ‘standard’ or ‘slimline’ model. This engine is an inline, 6.7L 6 cylinder, 4-stroke diesel engine. Turbocharged and Aftercooled. Available from 250Hp – 550Hp. (The slimline engine being a suitable alternative if considering replacement of the previous QSB5.9). The Hp of this version is 355 – 425Hp.
Features and Benefits
- Engine Design – Unmatched performance driven through a perfectly matched turbocharger and a new 24-valve cylinder head that delivers industry-leading power density. Maximize vessel performance and access comprehensive vessel diagnostic information via SmartCraft ® electronics. Peace of mind delivered by the Cummins Captain’s Briefing and global service network
- Fuel System – Bosch HPCR with hardened components to safely operate alternative fuels such as kerosene and JP8/JP5. Quiet operation, including an 80-percent reduction in noise at idle. Enhanced sociability virtually eliminates smoke and improves the whole boating experience.
- Lubrication System – Front-mounted filters. Oil service interval increased to 500 hours if using ULSD fuels
- Cooling System – Single loop, low temperature aftercooling eliminates the need for two keel coolers and lowers emissions. Tube and shell heat exchanger designed for superior durability and ease of service with minimal maintenance requirements. Fan drive available for radiator cooled configurations
- Air Intake System – New Walker air filter significantly reduces noise
- Exhaust System – Cast water cooled exhaust manifold for lower surface temperatures, safety and improved performance
- Electrical System – 12V and 24V, isolated and non-isolated, systems available
- Electronics — 24V Quantum System electronics feature a proven ECM to monitor operating parameters such as fuel consumption, duty cycle, engine load and speed, while providing diagnostics, prognostics and complete engine protection. Simplified electrical customer interface box for all vessel connections to reduce installation complexity
- Certifications – Complies with U.S. EPA Tier 3 emissions regulations without the use of aftertreatment. Designed to meet the International Association of Classification Societies (IACS) and SOLAS requirements. Consult your local Cummins professional for a complete listing of available class approvals.
- Engine Controls: Digital Throttle and Shift; Electronic Throttle and Shift (ETS) and optional potentiometer for mechanical controls
- Instrumentation: C-Command Basic or Premier
- Vessel System Integration: C-Command Basic or Premier